Search This Blog

Download : What's New in Java 7? [Kindle Edition]

What's New in Java 7?
This book is a good idea as a quick survey of new features in Java 7, but it is missing a crucial piece. I don't mind that the author did not cover all features in in the survey, but it would have been useful for me see a complete list of other enhancements that were included in Java 7. This way I would know if I was interested in finding more details on something else. I looked up the release notes on the Oracle web site and including an index below in case someone will find that information useful for reference as well. For example, I have to deal with the mixed environment which has Java and non-Java languages, and there are enhancements in that area that are potentially critical for my needs: the Garbage-First Collector and JVM support for non-Java languages. I would have liked to see all areas mentioned, even if there were no additional details.

The areas the author covers are easy to understand and give you just enough details to know if these features are going to be useful/relevant.